Mr Van and his team are passionate about cycling adventures and they have explored almost parts of Vietnam; in North region, central parts, and southern Vietnam including Mekong Delta region. We used dirt track motorcycles to map out all routes, and scout trips. Our bicycle trips combine adventures and cultures, provide extra value to your cycling holiday; cultural, historic, and scenic aspects of each tour on back roads through villages. We will share with you ancient cultures, modern history and spectacular scenery from each different region in Vietnam. Cycling routes: Each cycling route is has to be meticulously researched, investigated and scouted out beforehand by Mr Van (Van the Man, our founder and the tour operator). All of our guides are well trained in bike maintenance and navigation. We can tailor make a custom route which is suitable to your cycling ability. You do not have to ride the exact kilometers which are indicated on the tour itinerary. It must be flexible as you want. You could spend more time on cycling if you think the biking distance is too short for you to cycle, or you can enjoy a short biking distance. Bicycle trips by Vietnam Backroads will take you on a variety of roads, such as trails, paths, rural roads and country roads where they too small for vehicles. We tailor make unique bike trips depending on the specific route and terrain of your tour.
We can show some photos taken and hand draw maps of routes only. We ensure that you cannot find these cycling routes on any official map (even google Vietnam Backroads specializes in cycle tours more than 10 years and it's team has met, rode and talk with many cyclists, they from different countries. We would like to tell you what our team have done so far.
- Many cyclists love enjoying scenery, using technique, skills on single tracks while some like cycling faster and keep cycling onward and don't mind how many km! The rest is slow cyclists and learning cultures when they stop at villages.
- Many families on bike tour really would love to experience local life and meet locals at their home in villages! so they don't want to ride fast with long distance. They love nature, and like to explore real life of local. Especially, family with kids! Our team know to look after them on bike, and staying safe with them. We believe we experienced after nearly 10 years riding with people from over the world. Its along time for the team to achieve what we know how to please and to satisfy cyclists. we have an experience to match your cycling ability on mixed terrain cycle routes.
We don't think you are worry too much about your bike trips with Vietnam Backroads;
- A fully support vehicles on entire trip; there will be an A/C van/minibus to support you and truck to carry all bikes
- They will transfer you from the crowded city to countryside where bicycle riding begins.
- You will be cycling on mixed dirty track, concrete paths, and country back roads through villages.
- You will have chances to stop at local markets, schools, pagodas, temples, home-made local workshops, and the home of locals to experience local life
- There are regular stops for coffee break, enjoy tropical fruits, water stop....etc..
- Mineral cold water, fresh fruits are well-repaired on daily cycling
- After 10 or maximum 15 km, you will stop for a break in a village cafeteria to have a drink and try different types of fruit, depending on the season.
- If weather is too hot for you to ride! You can stop at coffee shop and relax on hammock and wait until temperature going down then we can continue to ride. Other hand, you can ride on A/C van when others people in the group continue cycling as long as they wish!
- There are so many small country roads that linking to high roads(country back roads, second high ways) where
A/C van/bus always is on hands, waiting if you love to ride on A/C van instead of keep cycling.
- Every 20 - 25 km, your biking guide will inform you about the distance, condition of paths, so you can make decision to continue riding OR getting on A/C van/bus when the others in the group wish to continue cycling as long as they want while you are on A/C van with air-conditioner.
- The cycling distance is totally flexible. In case, you are tired, why not taking a rest in the air-conditioned van while the others can continue biking as long as they wish.
- Along the cycle routes, just advise the guide where you would like to stay longer or stop for some shots of pictures because everything will be arranged based on your requirements