Guaranteed to depart on 14th Dec - From US$2445 You excelled yourself beyond anyone's expectation!
Guaranteed to depart on 3rd Dec. I am happy to say that we picked the the right company as Vietnam BackRoads
It was really well organised - route taking us through different landscapes and settings was great
Guaranteed to depart on Nov 22nd. Let travel with the path founder - Vietnam Backroads
I would strongly state that our fantastic experience came about through our excellent guide Dat. This attention to hygiene was brilliant
How to rock and roll from Hanoi to Luang Prabang by bike
See Mekong Delta with Vietnam Backroads Bicycle Tours
All in all a brilliant trip and we hope to come back and do Laos at some time with Vietnam Backroads
Everything was very well organized and our guide took us to parts of the country that we would never have seen otherwise
For a most terrific tour everything was wonderful - your staff, the tour itself, the price, the way everything runs so smoothly
On this adventurous tour of 12 days/11 nights we cycle on rural paths in Mekong Delta, on backroads of coastal provinces and into the trails of Dalat. Along the way we discover the cultural highlights of Saigon, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi. See how we organize your trip:
- Biking Mekong Delta
- Cycling from Saigon to Dalat
- Dalat to Nha Trang by bike
- Riding from Nha Trang to Quy Nhon
- Rock and roll on bike from Quy Nhon to Quang Ngai
- Cycle riding from Quang Ngai to Hoi An
- Hoi An to Hue city
|Tour code||VBA: 12B-SGN-HAN||Bike hire||
hilly paths, back roads
|Days of cycling||
6 full days and 3 half days
Mi: 02 - Max: 12
500 - 540 km
|Ages to ride||
From 14 years old
|Tour Inclusive of||Tour Exclusive of|
- Transport by A/C vans, minibus
- Travel insurance
|Services for daily cycling|
Day 01: Saigon - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Can Tho (L/D) (25 - 40 km)
After an hour driving by vehicle to countryside village fir a morning ride. Explore scenery along river. Your guide will take you through the canal trails and orchard paths, across ferries that sometimes only fit a fews people and into charming villages. In the afternoon, we bike through islet of An Binh and cross Mekong River to Can Tho.
Day 02: Mekong Delta - Saigon (B/L) (30 - 45 km)
A boat ride to watch brilliant floating market of Cai Be before continue our adventures. We bike on rural paths along natural creeks, roadsisde of fruit gardens, share the paths with local taking fram products to market. Return to Saigon by vehicle in late afternoon.
Day 03: Saigon - Dalat (B/L) (30 - 65 km)
Take an early flight to Dalat to challenge a mountain biking on back roads. Benifit from local cultures in central highland, coffee, pepper growing techniques. Hit the back roads of pine forest and vegetable fields
Day 04: Dalat - Nha Trang (B/L/) (100 km)
Ride on back roads to the peak of Hon Giao Pass is a real challenge for you before riding 29 km down hills to restaurant by stream for lunch. In the afernoon, scenic adventure is to ride deep into rural villages, passing surgar cane fields, enjoy picturesque countryside and learning their daily routine on dirt paths and concrete countryside roads to outskirt of Nha Trang.
Day 05: Nha Trang - Quy Nhon (B/L/D) (80 km)
Leaving hotel at 7:30 am, enjoy an hour driving through spectacular coastal cliff road to starting point of cycling. Sharing dirt paths with cow carts, transports of local motorcycle, cycling through beautiful scenery among, rice-paddy and mountainous areas. Enjoy delicious lunch by beautiful beach of Dai Lanh. In the afternoon, ride on coastal road passing fish farms, fishing village and ride on foot paths through local villages, rice fields and vegetable farms.
Day 06: Quy Nhon - Quang Ngai (B/L/D) (100 km)
Leaving hotel for half an hour transfer toward to East sea to hit a cycling adventure of this morning. Ride on best coastal cycling routes along back roads with hugs the cliffs of mountain range. In the afternoon, continue mingling with locals on bike through beautiful rice-paddy by quite local beaches, fisinhing villages, fishing boat making and fish farming. Have a transfer to Quang Ngai in late afteroon.
Day 07: Quang Ngai - Hoi An (B/L/) (90 km)
Pay a visit to memorial of victim of massacre in 1968 before an off road biking adventure through My Son hemlet to Tam Ky fishing port. Then continue enjoy easy ride to Chau O. Stopping at restaurant in Tam Ky to enjoy chicken rice. The highligh of today is an afternoon exploring hemlets on concret paths through beautiful scenery; monkey bridges, worked buffalos on rice paddy and typical houses of local. Share room with local on ferries and stoppng at wooden boat factory.
Day 08 : Free to explore the ancient town of Hoi An (B/)
Spend a whole day to explore the ancient town of Hoi An and to do the shoping by your own.
Day 09: Hoi An - Hue (B/L/D) (100 km)
The route passes over the spectacular Hai Van Pass the 'Pass of the Ocean Clouds'; the views are stunning though those who prefer to avoid the 580m climb can always take a lift in the support van. You can see the remains of US Army bunkers at the top of Hai Van Pass. Then ride down to Lang Co beach, enjoy lunch and continue riding through small villages, ancient burial-ground of Hue and rural scenes to the outskirts of Hue city.
Day 10: Hue - Hanoi by night train (B/L/) (35 km)
After your breakfast at hotel, we explore the Forbidden Purple City of Hue. Its the capital of Vietnam from 17-20 century, Then following dirt track to the Tombs of Nguyen Dynasty, and enjoy boat trip on Perfume River back to city center for a night train to Hanoi.
Day 11: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay (B/L/D)
A morning driving to Ha Long. Get on board at 11:00am and Enjoy your stay a night on Halong Jasmine. Halong is the world Heritage Area of outstanding natural beauty. During your cruise trip, you will enjoy kayaking and visiting may natrural beautiful sites of Halong bay.
Day 12: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B/L)
The cruise will be finished back to the dock at 11:30 am. Our team will meet you and all will return to Hanoi by vehicle. Tour End!
|Stay in 2 - 3 star hotels||Stay in 3 - 4 star hotels|
USD 2220 per person (2 persons)
USD 2370 per person (2 persons)
|Stay in 2 - 3 star hotels||Stay in 3 - 4 star hotels|
- Day 01: Can Tho West hotel
- Day 01: Muong Thanh hotel
Overall we have very, very positive feelings about our trip to Vietnam.
Here are the things that we were very happy with through Vietnam Backroads:
* Above all, we feel truly lucky that we had Loc Dang as our guide. He was WONDERFUL. We told him that a hundred times, but you can tell him again for us. ;-)
* The bikes were in good shape, the van was in good shape, and the driver was good.
* We did not feel pressured to "stick to the agenda" with Loc. If a particular route was too difficult or if it was too rainy, Loc was fine letting us ride in the van for a while. Most of the bike routes were very interesting.
* Overall we were happy with the food provided by Vietnam Backroads.
* The arrangements with Vietnam Airlines and the Paloma Cruise company in Halong Bay were very good. We were happy with those arrangements.
Here are the things that we w felt could have been better with Backroads Vietnam:
* The floating market at Cai Rang near Can Tho was a BIG letdown/disappointment. I had expected to see LOTS of floating boats with people selling produce and flowers. Instead there were just a few boats actually selling, and it seemed very, very touristy (there were more tour boats than boats with people selling/buying things). We felt cheated not getting to see something better/bigger.
* For US $4,798, some of the 11 nights spent in hotels could have been much better. We booked our own hotels in Saigon (before the trip began) and Hanoi (after the trip ended) ourselves, so we know that it is so very easy to get a great hotel at a very good price (US $80 or so is enough to get a very nice hotel). The hotels chosen by Vietnam Backroads in Saigon and Quang Ngai were especially bad; we should have stayed at much nicer hotels after spending so much money for the tour. We want your company to make a profit and we felt happy with some of the hotels (Hoi An, Hanoi, etc.), but we are unsure whether we could recommend Vietnam Backroads to our friends due to some of the hotels chosen for us. This definitely needs to be improved.
* We did not like having to ride through the heavy traffic of Hue city on the last day of riding bikes. It was SCARY for Americans to be riding through Vietnamese traffic. We would have preferred having the van pick us up out in the countryside. Also, the route around Hue probably could have been better. It seemed to be not really planned well.
So, overall there are good points and less good points about our experience. Even though it rained a lot we are glad we chose to go to Vietnam. Due to the reasons outlined above, though, we would have to talk very carefully with our friends here in the US before we could actually recommend using Vietnam Backroads as a touring company. 03 -14 Dec, 2016
we've just finished our a wonderful trip, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thai and Mr Hoang looked after us beautifully, and the scenery was fantastic. It was a great way to experience Vietnam.
Now, we are now keen to do a cycle tour (4 days/3 nights) in the Mekong Delta from 18 January to 21 January 2012. Trip started on 29 Dec 2011 and ended on 07 Jan 2012
Hi Vietnam Backroads Bicycle Tours,
Mr Nghi is an excellent guide. He meets us every day with a smile and was available at all times. He’s an excellent cyclist and always ready for a hard & challenging ride. He was attentive to our needs and accommodating to special requests. Our driver Thao is also a very good driver, very safe and always prompt. He also kept the van very clean and supplied with drinks. The quality of the food choice overall was excellent. Some of our very best meals were arranged by Mr Nghi in small villages for our lunches and gave us a great insight into the culture. If we had any constructive feedback, maybe the van could sometimes be closer on long rides and maybe the guides could be supplied with modem mapping technology like GPS or smart phones, for the most efferent routing and use of time. This is one of the best trip we have ever taken and our first bike tour, and we are extremely happy with experience. We have many wonderful memories and photos. We would highly recommend Vietnam Backroads to our friends. We are already looking forward to our next trip with Vietnam Backroads. 24 Dec 2012 - 04 Jan 2013.
I was just looking at our photos and everything from the bike trip from Saigon to Hanoi. The pictures are awesome and we keep talking about how great it was to see Vietnam on bicycle. Everyone is very impressed with our stories and experiences. We really had a wonderful trip! Thank you so much. Vietnam Backroads 03 Mar 2011